Scotland Really Is A Place To Love, Here Are Some Reasons Why
It’s hard not to love Scotland, especially this week, when the country became the 17th in the world to legalize gay marriage.
Scotland is a small country packed with wonders, both natural and manmade, and a culture that’s vibrant and welcoming. If you’re not already smitten with Scotland, these 22 reasons should leave you convinced.
1. In addition to mainland Scotland, the country includes about 790 islands, including the Northern Isles and the Hebrides.
2. It’s estimated that there were once about 3,000 castles in Scotland. The Castle Trail takes you to 17 of the castles still standing today.
11. Scots have some of the best spirit in the world.
12. Hogmanay is the greatest New Year’s celebration ever.
The celebrations get so rowdy that both Jan. 1 and 2 are bank holidays, so the revelry has ample time to carry on and everyone has a chance to recover. Celebrations are held around Scotland, though Edinburgh takes the cake for being the wildest.
13. J.K. Rowling partially penned Harry Potter at this Edinburgh cafe.